Getting the Most Out of Your FIR Sauna
Take the following steps to ensure the best possible results from your FIR sauna:
- Drink plenty of water. This is important to do both before and after using the sauna. Drinking plenty of water before using the sauna means you will be able to achieve a better sweat (maximising the sauna benefits), whereas afterwards it is important to rehydrate and help the body continue to detox and rid itself of toxins.
- Use a good quality mineral and magnesium powder to replenish lost minerals after the sauna. These can usually be found at your local health food store or naturopath.
- There is no ‘best time of the day’ to use the sauna. However the best results are usually reported by users at the end of the day. This is because firstly they are able to get a better sweat having drunk a sufficient amount of water throughout the day. Secondly, the relaxation benefits of the sauna are better felt at the end of the day, when users are home from work and looking to unwind.
- If using the sauna for the first time, it’s always recommended to start with a lower temperature setting, such as 70°C, and build up gradually from there. The optimum temperature to produce a good sweat will vary for each person and if you experience any pain or discomfort stop using the sauna immediately and seek attention from a healthcare professional before using the sauna again.
- The recommended session time is 30 minutes. Allow an additional five minutes for the sauna to reach the desired temperature. If you wish to stay longer than 30 minutes, we recommend setting a lower temperature to not to risk excessive dehydration.
Play calming music and use “mood lighting” to help to create a relaxing environment, to help your body and mind drift into a less tense state.
Place a large towel on the mat provided, this is to both increase comfort and absorb sweat. A pillow can also be used to help you relax. You can also place a towel over the pillow or utilise a towel as your primary headrest to absorb any sweat.
Any issues with the curtain accessory can be rectified by using a towel instead. Simply drape it over the sauna opening and allow it to rest on your neck and shoulders. This will help to trap the hot air inside the sauna, while also absorbing any sweat collecting on your upper body.
When the timer beeps to indicate that the sauna has turned itself off, remain lying still for an additional 10 minutes or so until your body stops producing sweat. This is to maximise the effect of the sauna.
When finished in the sauna, take your time before standing up. Sit upright for a minute or two before standing to allow for your body’s blood pressure to readjust.
Have a cool to cold shower after the sauna. This will allow your blood vessels and lymph glands will constrict which can be beneficial for reducing circulation and returning your body back to a homeostatic state.
Ready to experience the benefits?
Photon LED SUN 110
Deluxe SUN 102A
Standard SUN 101A
Infrared Heating Pad
Get in touch if you have any questions
Introducing the amazing new way to improve your well-being at home that’s both affordable and practical. SunDynamica™ brings the spa to you, allowing you to buy infrared sauna equipment and have it shipped right to your front door.